Thursday, January 24, 2008

you know you always wondered about this

I have no idea whether this is legit or just a fairly clever hoax but Intuitive Life has uncovered a pending class action lawsuit against Bed, Bath and Beyond related to their mis-labeling of thread counts in bedding.

No word on exactly what spawned the lawsuit, I guess it would be unfair to immediately assume just it was greedy lawyers. I wonder if there are thread count experts, who will be flown into to court to show off their ability to put their head on a pillow and be able to discern the difference between 300 and 400 count...

If you feel you've been a victim, follow the link to the website detailing how to apply to class action status etc, here.

I've often wondered about labeling in kids clothes as well. There have been many times when I've picked up an outfit and wondered if it was really labeled correctly. In these days of totally outsourced manufacturing, it's very touch for a clothing brand. I'm glad Oilily has kept theirs local.

No comments: