Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Oilily catalog covers / Oilily artwork

from time to time we get requests to help people find sources for old Oilily artwork or catalog covers (yes, I know Oilily catalogue...).

so we'll try to come up with a definitive source for images of their artwork over the years. When I find them, I'll put up here. I'll need some help making sure I have the correct year/season. And, of course, we'll need your help - so when you find one that we don't have, send it along and we'll get it up. we've got hardcopies of the last few years so don't worry about those - I just have to get them in the scanner. (needless to say, all of this work is property of OILILY)

i think this will be a neat study in the evolution of the clothing brand, here's what i've got so far:

2002 Oilily Catalog












2002











i think this one is 1999? retro kids clothes even back then.












this was the older one I could find, 1985?













3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, I am Jan Veninga, one of the founders of Buro KLEI, a dutch web design studio. And we have designed the Oilily websites since FW05. There's a section within the site showing all the catalogue covers. Head over to http://www.oilily-world.com click COMPANY and select COVER ARCHIVE.
By the way... all the previous websites we've designed can still be enjoyed here:
http://fw05.oilily-world.com
http://ss06.oilily-world.com
http://fw06.oilily-world.com

Hope this helps!

Jan Veninga
jan@buroklei.nl

skinnyguineapig said...

WOW . Thanks Jan!
My daughter was born in 1989 and I collected catalogs.The design influenced my world for years.I was in art school and it also affected my art. I live in Canada and people often commented on how I dressed my daughter.We were years ahead of the trends.
Fun thing is my daughter is 18 and has recently put black aside, and started dressing like an Oilily kid again!
She was very interested in the Oilily site when I found it again.I am also interested in seeing inside the old ones.
Thanks!

skinnyguineapig said...

WOW . Thanks Jan!
My daughter was born in 1989 and I collected catalogs.The design influenced my world for years.I was in art school and it also affected my art. I live in Canada and people often commented on how I dressed my daughter.We were years ahead of the trends.
Fun thing is my daughter is 18 and has recently put black aside, and started dressing like an Oilily kid again!
She was very interested in the Oilily site when I found it again.I am also interested in seeing inside the old ones.
Thanks!